Bitdefender is one of the popular tools accessed for cyber-security. This powerful software is handy, and thus every professional needs to install it in their system. Unfortunately, even though it renders ultimate protection to your PC, it often annoys the users with the Bitdefender threat scanner.dmp problem.
Whenever you restart or shut down your PC, you may encounter the following error message “BitDefender Threat Scanner”. The message indicates, “A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing an error has been created at c:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You recommend to send the file to the developer to investigate the error further”.
This error message pinpoints the “Threat Scanner.dmp” file. It is unreadable in notepad in many cases. Whenever you get an error message pop up, you should do any of the following solutions. It helps you to get out of the problem immediately.
Please Note:- You can directly contact our Bitdefender Chat Support team to get the complete guide to fix this error in no time. We are available round the clock over the chat and call +1 (855) 625-8271.
Reasons For Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp
Before getting into the solution, it is mandatory to understand the reasons behind this error message. Attempting to fix the problem without targeting its root cause is not at all a smart move. In fact, it paves a way to stand in the same scenario again in the future. So, knowing the cause of the problem is undoubtedly more important than finding the right solution. Here are the most important reasons for this error message.
- Corrupted dell file
- Not installing the Bitdefender threat scanner into your system
- Spybot’s corrupted file
- Threat scanner dump file
Solutions To Fix Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp
Solution 1: Run The Fixed Patch
The first method you have to try to fix this issue is to run the fixed patch. Since it is a common issue, Bitdefender itself has rendered a solution. It is considered the best way to fix this error and works for many users. Here is how to run the fixed patch.
- At first, you should check the version of your OS. Then, press the Win + R keys to open the Run box.
- After that, you have to type “Winver” and tap “Ok”. Now, a window will open on the screen where you will see the exact Windows version and Build number.
- Next, you have to download and run the fixed patch as per your operating system architecture. Whether you have 32bit or 64bit operating systems, you should run click the corresponding patch to rectify the problem immediately.
Once you have done these steps correctly, the Bitdefender threat scanner issue will be resolved. So, you can use your computer just like before.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Re-install Bitdefender
This solution is straightforward and very basic. The majority of users who experience the Bitdefender error will do this and rectify the issue quickly. Are you thinking about how to uninstall and reinstall the Bitdefender on your PC? Here are the steps to follow.
- Right-click the start menu and choose “apps and features” from the list of items
- Then, go to the Bitdefender app on the right panel. Double click it to tap on uninstall
- You should follow the prompts properly to uninstall the tools
- After that, you have to re-download Bitdefender from the official site and install it on your PC
Doing so will fix certain bugs and make you access the computer without the Bitdefender threat scanner pop-up problem.
Solution 3: Clear Temporary Files
In some cases, temporary files may cause the Bitdefender threat scanner.dmp issue. So, you can try to clear them. Here is how you need to do so.
- Press Windows + R keys
- Type %temp%
- Now, the temp folder will open
- Please choose all the files and then delete them
That’s enough! Although this solution is not popular, clearing the temporary files will easily fix the threat scanner issue.
Solution 4: Remove Corrupted Files
Even after trying several methods, do you still experience the same issue? If yes, then you can try this advanced method. As said earlier, corrupted files in Spybot may be the culprit. So, you should follow these steps to get rid of the corrupted files.
- Open file explorer and type directory “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2”
- Search and find the file named SDAV.dll. In case of not find the file, you should download it.
- Right-click the DLL file and then choose “copy”.
- Go back to the directory mentioned above and right-click the folder to choose “paste”.
- If this DLL file is already available, check the file size by right-clicking it and choosing the properties.
- Ensure the size is 32 KB. If not, you should download and replace the SDAV.dll file.
If the file is corrupted, this method will resolve the issue, and thus you will not get the Bitdefender threat scanner.dmp error on your PC anymore.
When none of the above solutions works, you can try out third-party repair tool method. You will find different PC repair tools such as CCleaner on the internet. Download the reputable and reliable PC repair tool.
After installing and launching the app, click the scan now button. It will detect issues and abnormalities easily. Then, press “repair all” to fix the problems quickly. Since these methods are available to sort out the threat scanner issues, you do not worry about anything. Be calm and try out the methods mentioned above properly to avoid trouble.
After reading the article, you will get some hope to sort out the Bitdefender threat scanner.dmp error in your Windows PC easily. Even though Bitdefender is a useful tool, it becomes a trouble for users in many cases. It is normal in all the tools, and thus you do not think about it much.
The presence of corrupted files and improper installation is the major cause of this problem. Once you fix them, you will enjoy Bitdefender’s powerful cyber-security and antivirus features. It also gives ultimate protection and security to your PC. Make sure you follow the steps mentioned in every method properly before looking for other options.
Have More Questions About Malware and Antivirus support?
Call us at +1 (855) 625-8271 or send a message and we’ll be happy to assist you!