The need for antivirus becomes unavoidable to stay away from cybersecurity issues. Even though many brands provide their antivirus software to give ultimate protection to the users, Norton 360 antivirus is always considered the best. It is one of the best computer security software accessible for Windows and Mac. This software has excellent features such as email protection. But, it makes the users often confront the troubles such as Norton 360 Pending Issue. You can also get help from our support team through Live Chat and by calling +1 (855) 625-8271
The pending issue is one of the most commonly experiencing troubles in the Norton 360. This issue happens especially when the user tries to open the Norton 360 antivirus. As soon as you witness Norton 360 stuck on pending status, many users become blank and do not know what to do further. Eventually, this issue makes the antivirus software stop working. It adds up more frustration and tension for the users. If you are currently confronting such kind of situation, you can read this blog until the end or instantly get in touch with our Norton Chat support.
Reasons Behind The Norton 360 Pending Issue
Even though Norton 360 helps remove Trojans and malware from your computer, it becomes more prone to issues, including pending errors. Before attempting to fix the problem, knowing the root causes of this issue is mandatory. Or else you will confront the same issue in the future. Here are the major reasons for experiencing the pending issue.
- Accessing outdated version of Norton 360 antivirus
- Downloaded corrupted files accidentally
- Not connected with the internet properly
Major Solutions to Fix Norton 360 Pending Issue
As soon as you find the Norton 360 Pending Issue, you should do any of the following troubleshooting steps to fix the problem immediately. You can even try all the solutions until you find a perfect one.
Fix 1: Restart your computer
Even though restarting the computer may look simple, it is the common step to follow to fix the pending issue. The antivirus software may not work properly for several reasons. In such a case, restarting the system using these steps will immediately fix the issue.
- Click the “Win” icon on your computer screen
- Choose the “Power” icon
- Tap the “Restart” option
Then, you should wait for the computer to restart and power on. Check whether the problem has been resolved. If it is not, then proceed with the next solution.
Fix 2: Use the Norton Fix Tool
If the problem persists even after restarting the device, it is much better to download and use the Norton fix tool. You can get the Norton fix tool from Norton’s official support page. Once you download the tool, you can follow these steps.
- Run the installation of the fix tool
- Tap on the checkbox for the option “Usage Agreement.”
- Follow the commands prompted on the screen and complete the installation
- Press the “Next” button
Fix 3: Update Norton
In many cases, updating the Norton antivirus will remove the pending issue. Even after trying these fixes, confronting the same issue may frustrate you. But, this solution will surely work.
- Sign in to your Norton account and reach the “device security” page
- Choose “device” and click the update button located next to the Norton product
- Wait until the software update to complete
- Then, restart the application
Fix 4: Uninstall the Norton 360 product
In many cases, uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton 360 software is enough to resolve the Norton 360 Pending Issue. If you do not get a solution with the fixes mentioned above, you can go with this option without hesitation.
- Press “Windows + R key”
- In the Run dialog box, type in “appwiz.cpl” and then tab enter
- Click Norton 360 in the list of installed programs and click uninstall
- Choose “please remove all user data.”
- In the subscription period warning, tap on “Next”
- Press “Restart now.”
Once the computer restarts, Norton 360 uninstalls from your computer completely. Then, you can do the installation procedure again to install Norton 360 on your PC. It will remove the pending issue.
Fix 5: Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
Another excellent way to fix the pending issue in Norton 360 is downloading and accessing Norton remove and reinstall tool. Here are the steps to follow to get this tool.
- Open the default browser on your computer
- In the address bar, enter Norton’s official site and tab the enter button
- You can now download the Norton Remove and Re-install tool
- Double-click on the Norton file to proceed with the installation process
- Once the installation process starts, accept the license agreement by clicking the “Agree” checkbox
- The tool will now detect the Norton Antivirus application installed on your PC
- Press the “remove and reinstall” button and choose the “remove” button
The Norton antivirus application is removed from your computer and restarts the device to make things normal.
Fix 6: Install Norton 360 in Safe Mode
Once you have removed the antivirus from your computer, you should install it properly in safe mode. It helps you to get out of the pending issue and enjoys the benefits of the Norton 360.
- Open the run command
- Type MSConfig in the command box and press enter button
- The user account control window opens, and click the continue button
- Press the boot tab in the system configuration
- Choose the options “safe boot and network”
- Press the “Ok” button
Also Learn:- Difference Between Norton 360 and Norton Deluxe
Now, you have to restart the computer and press the restart button in the prompt window. That’s it! The Norton 360 has been installed on your computer in safe mode. It also removes the pending issue.
If you still confront the Norton 360 Pending Issue, click the call button on this page. It helps you reach us and get professional assistance to solve the problem in no time. Since we know in-depth about Norton 360, we will give the best solution for all the issues you confront.
Have More Questions About Malware and Antivirus support?
Call us at +1 (855) 625-8271 or send a message and we’ll be happy to assist you!