- Remove Ransomware Encrypted Files Easily By Knowing The Type.
- Tips For Detecting Ransomware Encrypted Files
- Methods To Remove and Recover Ransomware Encrypted Files From Your Device
Ransomware is one of the dangerous malicious programs which encrypt images, files, and documents on the desktop. It will ask for payment to recover important files and access the device. In many cases, there is a chance to decrypt an image converted by ransomware with no spending money from your pocket. Are you wondering “How To Remove Ransomware Encrypted Files“? Keep reading the blog to learn a simple way to remove ransomware files on the desktop: You can also get help from our support team through Live Chat and by calling +1 (855) 625-8271.
Remove Ransomware Encrypted Files Easily By Knowing The Type.
The ransomware virus is an advanced method of desktop malware, which spreads in various forms like the web page, mail, program, and others. This malware uses different encryption processes to infect, remove, and scramble documents. When the desktop is infected by ransomware malware like Locky, CryptoLocker, and CryptWall, an individual cannot be able to access the infected document without paying money. There are two standard methods of ransomware, such as crypto-ransomware and screen lockers ransomware, which encrypt information stored on the device.
Crypto-Ransomware Encrypted Files
Crypto-ransomware is one of the file-encrypting ransomware infections, which controls access to videos and images by encrypting documents. After that, it tries to extract cash from a person by asking for payment in BTC and other cryptos. When infected with Crypto-ransomware, it will scan the desktop for sensitive productivity files in the desktop like .pdf, .doc, .xls, and others. If these files are detected, the virus will encrypt them and modify the extension. Therefore, you cannot be able to access the file for a more extended period.
When Crypto-ransomware has encrypted images and other files on the device, it will display files that contain guidelines on how to speak with the author and payment note. Cybercriminals’ servers hold the decryption keys, so this type of virus cannot decrypt. Those who do not need to pay can make the image of the encrypted drives. Thus, you can interpret the file in the future.
Screen Locker Ransomware Encrypted Files
Another method of ransomware is Screen locker ransomware, which blocks access to the desktop display. Then, you need to make a payment to access the computer screen. Screen locker ransomware does not encrypt files that can remove through Safe Mode. Further, this ransomware might appear to be the work of the police or Microsoft to scare victims into paying.
Also Read:- What is Virus Signature – How It Look and Work [Full Guide]
Tips For Detecting Ransomware Encrypted Files
During the ransomware attack, malicious software downloaded to the device will prevent the access of documents from the device. After impurities, individuals can try some methods for recovering ransomware encrypted images and files faster. Have you been confused about how you know if your desktop is infected by ransomware? The followings are some methods to spot the ransomware attack:
- An antivirus scanner is one of the best methods to discover the device’s ransomware infection. It detects the ransomware infection early so you can protect your device.
- If the CPU and disk activity is increased, it shows that malware is working in the background.
- You can check the file extension if the image file extension is .jpg. The desktop does not have any virus. There is malware infection when the image or document file extension changes to unaware letter combinations.
- When the image or file cannot open, it indicates there is a virus. It is a vital sign of ransomware action.
- If the file encrypts files and images, the virus program changes the name of the files. It is another clue for malware infection.
- Software networking with cybercriminals might result in harmful network communication.
The window containing the payment demand shows that there is a malware infection. If risks are detected earlier, it combats the virus effortlessly. Initial detection of encryption malware infections can control screen lockers or crypto-ransomware that has infected the computer. With these methods, you can detect and Remove Ransomware from your computer.
Methods To Remove and Recover Ransomware Encrypted Files From Your Device
After infection on the desktop, an individual can try various methods to remove ransomware encrypted files faster. Here are some strategies to recover encrypted files:
Use The Data Recovery Tool
It would be best if you looked for the ransomware workflow in the computer before file recovery. Malware creates encryption files, which are not original images or files but only copies of the file. The actual data are not encrypted straightforwardly but deleted from the computer by ransomware. Thus, malware attracts data recovery tools and is the perfect choice to restore deleted files.
- Scan the device: You can run the malware recovery software on the computer. Choose the disk infected by the ransomware to scan for hidden images, files, and other data.
- Check scanned result: Recovery software will start the scanning process to find the removed data on the malware-infected hard drive. Use the filter option to spot the needed documents, photos, emails, and others faster.
- Recover removed data: Now preview the scanned file after completing the procedure and choose the needed file. Hit on the recover option. You want to save restored pictures, files, and documents to an external device or another location on the desktop.
Restore Files From The Old Version
If you need to recover deleted files by a virus, you can use the previous file version. Let’s see the steps:
- Find the directory where photos or documents are stored. Right-click on the document and click the properties options.
- Choose the previous version on the properties window.
- You will see a list of snapshots available for the file. Pick the image which shows the last files’ good version.
- Hit on the view option and verify the file version. If the file version is correct, it will restore the deleted file.
Note: You can contact our antivirus customer support team if there is no previous version tab on properties. The technician will provide the right solution immediately.
Recover Files From a System Backup
When file recovery software is not workable, you can create a system backup to recover the malware-infected data. Automatic window backup is the best method for preventing the loss of photos and files.
- Go to the control panel and pick the system and security tap.
- Choose backup and restore option
- Hit on restore files from backup
- Select restore my files
- Now, you can go behind the wizard to recover data
If the device is affected by malware and cannot able to access files, it is advised you don’t pay for ransoms. Even if you paid money, images and files might not be unbroken like the previous one. It means that you might face a high risk of data. So, you can use the methods mentioned above and remove ransomware encrypted files easily.
FAQ ( Frequently Asked Question )
Can the files removed from the desktop be recovered?
Of course, recovering the removed source files is possible with the help of recovery software. There is much recovery software in the market so you can select the right one with unique features. It enables you to recover files infected by malware like cryptolocker or others.
How to protect the desktop from viruses attracted?
Protecting the computer from ransomware can be simple for every user. Let’s see a few steps:
- Install antivirus software
- Don’t open email attachments by unknown senders
- Use software to download files online
- Backup files on desktop regularly
How does ransomware ID work?
Ransomware ID is a unique identifier of the malware that affects the computer. There is a variety of ransomware in the list of ID malware, which is constantly updated. If any of the malware infects photos or documents, ID ransomware will instruct users to use decryption software.